While most of us seek to improve ourselves in various ways each day, a conscientious personal development plan is the key to accelerating that growth, because personal development allows you to push yourself further and faster.
According to Coaching Positive Performance, there are 6 benefits of Personal Development:
- It helps you become more self-aware – you get to know who you are – your values, beliefs and the purpose you wish to pursue. This is the first key step in the personal development process. When you are chasing your own goals, there is as much pleasure to be derived from the journey as there is to be derived from reaching your destination.
- It gives you a sense of direction and makes you more clear on what you want to achieve and it also makes the decision making process easier. You can focus on doing the things that take you towards achieving your objectives.
- Personal development brings clarity. Even with an improved sense of direction, there will always be multiple tasks looking for your attention. As your personal development improves, prioritisation becomes much easier. You are clearer on your objectives and you can quickly identify which task will give you the best result with the resources available to you at that moment.
- You will become more motivated. When you know what you want to achieve, it is easier for you to see the benefits of taking action. Even when the task ahead is not enjoyable; if you can see a clear benefit, you are more motivated to take the necessary action.
- It gives you greater resilience. There will be tough times ahead but the personal development process gives you the confidence and resilience to deal with these better.
- More fulfilling relationships. You will be able to see which relationships are worth investing time in and you will develop the skills to make the most of these relationships thereby making a more positive impact on your life.
Where does learning a new language fit in?
Learning languages can be a major part of your personal development plan. Not only will speaking more than one language help you stand out from the crowd (and it is a very impressive achievement) but you could also open yourself up to a world of new career opportunities with more companies than ever having a global outlook. If you learn the language, this could be your chance to make that move to your dream job abroad or to move up the ladder in the UK. You can even start learning in the UK and continue with the same tutor via Skype once you have relocated. Learning a language will improve some of your key skills such as negotiating, communication and problem solving and it will give you more confidence. Studies also show that learning another language increases your brain capacity, improves your memory and helps stave off dementia and Alzheimer’s. See our 8 reasons why everyone should learn languages blog for more information.
So if you would like to learn a new language for business contact us today.
Find out more about our courses here.
Take a look at some of our case studies here.